As one of the biggest decisions you can make, it’s important to make sure you do your research. With the wealth of information available online, it is possible to have already thoroughly researched a property before you’ve even arrived. Property values, sales history, photos, floor plans, neighbourhood amenities, transport links, schools are all information easy to find online and will help you make your decision.
But what should you actually look for once you are there?
– Outside – check roof, gutters, downpipes, hot water system and brickwork.
– Aspect. North/ west facing living and entertaining. Garden views? Natural light?
– Pay close attention to the floor plan and layout. Does it work for your lifestyle?
– Storage? Is there enough storage or space to install more storage?
– Bathrooms and kitchens – consider wear, tear and age of appliances
Take someone who is objective, confident and not emotionally involved in the property, they can help you avoid those emotional oversights.
Don’t be afraid to ask for a second or third viewing to make sure the property is right for you.